Audi S6 Heater Core Rebuild

Audi S6 Heater Core Rebuild

This project is a follow-up to the previous post on the removal of the heater core in an attempt to resolve an issue with the engine overheating. This project took quite a while as I’ve been waiting for parts from Europe and the whole thing is just a very tedious and messy process. The parts for this were almost entirely sourced from Eastern Europe except for the heater core radiator itself.

As a reminder, this is what the heater core came out looking like. Cracked completely with missing screws, broken motors, and a broken temperature probe port.

I don't want to bore you with specifics but here are some pictures of the rebuild.

New foam everywhere. Probably the most tedious part of the whole thing.

Unfortunately I didn't think to grab a picture of it all back in and together or any pictures of the new motors. I went through about 6 different motors trying to find some that worked but I believe they're good now. Not cheap. The heater core is back in the car and has been pressure tested to over 25 PSI successfully. No leaks!