Okay, enough messing around. After spending hours and hours wire-wheeling things to perfection I was just about fed up. I wanted to paint some stuff properly and I also wanted to paint it in a way that the stuff would stay as well as provide some additional heat property benefits.

I purchased a sandblasting cabinet. Not only did I purchase a sandblasting cabinet, but I bought the biggest air compressor I could afford. I even wired in a 240v 50A outlet into my electrical box just so I could do this. It was totally worth it. The air compressor is a Dewalt 80 gal ~16 cfm unit. It took a long time to get during Covid-19 delays. When it did arrive the delivery man left it on the driveway so I had to get it inside myself. It was not fun.

The sand blaster is a Central Pneumatic (Harbor Freight) tabletop unit. I put it on top of a standing desk table that I built out of a Titan electric standing desk leg kit and a secretary desk. Very sturdy and can adjust to all sorts of heights.

Enough talk, let's see some sandblasting results! All of this sandblasting was done with an assortment of aluminum oxide and coal slag.

Of course, sandblasting can only mean one thing. Well, two things. The choice is Cerakote or powder coat. Due to the heat that some of these parts will reach and the special heat properties of ceramic coating, I decided to go to Cerakote. As you will see in future posts I do end up changing plans several times. This is just a part of the process! You can see the painting in the next post.